As the search stretches into its third week, authorities say no suspects have been formally identified in the disappearance of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie, who was last seen at her home near Tucson on January 31, 2026, and is believed to have been abducted overnight the following day. Investigators say blood matching her DNA was found inside the residence. A spokesperson for the Pima County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that the scene showed “clear signs of a violent struggle,” though officials have declined to detail the specific evidence recovered.
The case quickly drew national attention, prompting the involvement of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. On February 12, 2026, authorities announced that the reward had been increased to $100,000 “for information leading to Nancy’s recovery and/or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved.” The announcement came alongside the release of new suspect imagery and additional evidentiary details, including surveillance stills from nearby roadways.
Search Expands as Thousands of Tips Pour In
Investigators say they have received more than 13,000 tips since the disappearance was first reported. “Every lead is being thoroughly reviewed,” an FBI spokesperson said during a joint press briefing. Despite the volume of information, officials emphasized that no arrests have been made and no public suspect identifications have occurred as of mid-February. Authorities continue to urge residents in the area to check security cameras and report anything unusual from the overnight hours of January 31 to February 1.
According to law enforcement, forensic teams are actively processing DNA samples and analyzing surveillance footage collected from homes and businesses within several miles of the Guthrie property. The FBI has established a 24-hour command post in the Tucson area, coordinating with local deputies, search-and-rescue units, and specialized evidence response teams. Officials described the investigation as “complex and ongoing,” declining to speculate publicly on motive.
Savannah Guthrie, Nancy’s daughter, has issued emotional public appeals as the days pass without answers. In a statement shared through family representatives, she addressed whoever may be holding her mother: “Please do the right thing. Bring her home safely. We just want her back.” The family has thanked the community for its support while asking for continued vigilance and privacy during the investigation.
Authorities continue to stress that the increased reward remains active and that even seemingly minor details could prove critical. “Someone knows something,” the sheriff’s spokesperson said. “If you have information — no matter how small it may seem — now is the time to come forward.” As the third week of searching unfolds, law enforcement officials say their focus remains on locating Nancy Guthrie and bringing those responsible to justice.




